- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 66058
The BusinessJoin us in Edinburgh as a Supply Chain Specialist
- Joining our Supply Chain Services team, you'll work closely with the Property and Operations function
- You'll be responsible for the day-to-day management of the supply base, driving and supporting improvement, efficiency and simplification opportunities, and undertaking and supporting supplier selection activities including tenders and negotiation of terms
- The work you do will improve the experience our customers have with us, and align the supply chain with the bank's cost and risk appetite expectations
- This role offers excellent exposure to an array of stakeholders and you'll enjoy significant variety as there are five tiers of suppliers
What you'll do
Working with the Supply Chain Manager, you'll support the development and delivery of supply chain strategies and solutions. This will include the day-to-day management of the bank’s supply base and specific suppliers in line with RBS objectives. We'll look to you to manage and support sourcing projects leading to agreement of commercial and contract terms. This will include recommendations on potential new suppliers, and monitoring and providing input to improve supplier performance.
As well as this, you'll:
- Maintain strong relationships with stakeholders across the bank in line with the defined stakeholder management strategy
- Build an understanding of business requirements and priorities within assigned areas of the bank relevant to specific projects as assigned
- Provide analysis and decision support that contributes to the agreement of category and supplier strategies, the delivery of robust commercial deals, contributing to the overall reduction of the bank's cost base and improving the customer experience
- Ensure the timely execution of the bank’s contract pipeline within remit
- Deliver specific supply chain projects in collaboration with business stakeholders to agreed timelines and budgets
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need to be able to demonstrate experience in supply chain, ideally across one or more variety of spend categories, industries and organisations. Paired with this, you'll ideally have commodity and supply market knowledge across a variety of spend categories.
You'll also have:
- An awareness of contract law and legal knowledge relevant to supply chain
- Knowledge of supply chain skills and techniques including category management, contract negotiation and management, supplier selection and management
- An understanding of managing and supporting strategic and business critical supplier relationships and contracts, and of cost and financial management
- Ideally a degree, or a relevant qualification (for example CIPS or equivalent)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team-working skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.