- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Project Management
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 64640
The RequirementsJoin us in Edinburgh or Manchester as a Project Manager - Payment to Terms
- This is an excellent opportunity to join our Supply Chain Operational Performance team as a Project Manager
- You'll be supporting colleagues right across the bank to embed better and more efficient processes to ensure we meet our obligations to pay third party suppliers on time
- Supply Chain Services is an enabling delivery function within Services, specialising in all aspects of supply chain management
- Flexible working options are a feature of this role
What you'll do
As Project Manager, you'll be establishing and driving a programme of work that ensures we pay our suppliers within the agreed payment terms, to make sure we're compliant with the 'Reporting on Payment Practices and Performance' government regulations, and to support business stakeholders to perform within the approved risk appetite for the Outsourcing and Contract Management policy.
Working with your colleagues in Supply Chain Services (SCS), you'll be:
- Running the Payment to Terms (PTT) reporting cycle on a monthly basis
- Establishing specific internal and external reporting requirements and simplifying and aligning where possible
- Acting as the point of contact for businesses regarding reporting requirements
- Analysing the PTT data and determining focus areas for improvement
- Providing support to business stakeholders regarding payment mechanisms and compliant processes
- Determining a prioritised programme of work to improve results and collaborating with stakeholders and colleagues to deliver it
The skills you'll need
To join us as Project Manager, you'll need a strong track record in delivering a programme of work from inception to completion. Knowledge or experience in supply chain and specifically purchase to pay processes would be an advantage, as would experience in project management.
- Be highly proficient in using data analysis tools, such as Microsoft Excel and Access
- Have excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise effectively
- Have a logical, analytical mindset, with ability to synthesise complex data into useful information
- Demonstrate good communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear and compelling way
- Be able to positively challenge and influence people at all levels in the business
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.