The RequirementsJoin us in Dublin or Belfast as Senior Data Analyst
- If you have a strong technical skill set and a solid business acumen, our Senior Data Analyst role based within Products will offer you an excellent opportunity to improve our customer experience through remediation programmes
- You'll gain a breadth of development and responsibility on ad hoc projects, enabling you to interact with a wide range of stakeholders, including some Executive level
- This role is within the Products team looking at key areas, principally customer remediation. The culture is one of close collaboration with stakeholders to get a real understanding of end goals and building bespoke data solutions. It is therefore both a technically hands on and client facing role
- This role is offered on a permanent basis and is based in Dublin or Belfast.
What you'll do
Holding responsibility for the creation, extraction and development of customer and product MI and data reports, you'll have a specific focus on Products remediation. You'll manage the end to end collation and delivery of data from a variety of internal and external sources for regulatory data outputs.
A key element to this role is sourcing, developing and combining multiple data sources into insightful user friendly outputs. You'll work collaboratively with the Products team to understand how our data relates to their business requirements, and look to improve customer experience through remediation programmes. Excellent planning and organisational skills to ensure effective management and timely delivery of data are required.
Along with this, you'll:
- Develop specific approaches and frameworks to ensure the appropriate data and analytics are delivered for Products Remediation programmes working to strict regulatory timeframes
- Extract, develop and maintain efficient and effective data reports for MI and customer contact purposes
- Work closely with the senior stakeholders in Products to ensure MI synergies and best practice are shared
- Engage with and manage Ulster Bank, RBS and third party stakeholders as required
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you'll need to have prior experience in data analytics that meet regulatory demands on the business. You will be experienced in developing reporting and MI solutions, as well as having strong database design and query skills. Demonstrate proficiency in project management using recognised PM methodologies is also desirable.
As you'll face off to a wide variety of stakeholders, you'll need to have strong communication and client facing skills.
You'll also need:
- Strong database design and query skills
- SAS, SQL, MS Excel experience essential
- VBA code, SAS Macros, MS Access, Teradata desirable but not essential
- Third level qualification, ideally in numerical / statistical related discipline e.g. data analytics, mathematics, statistics, accountancy, physics, computer and programming desirable but not essential
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
ng-bindingAt Ulster Bank, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These may include a full credit check, a criminal record check (if based in the UK), residency and right to work checks.