- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 66137
The RequirementsJoin us as Head of Digital Office in Edinburgh
- In this high profile and exciting role, you'll be responsible for the vision, strategy, alignment, communication and stakeholder management of the colleague digital experience
- The RBS Digital Office sits within the Chief Technology Office (CTO), which is responsible for the planning, design, and delivery of foundational IT services to RBS
- We're seeking someone who can be the CTO face and voice of the human-centric delivery of a world class colleague digital experience that supports RBS ambition to be the Number 1 bank for advocacy, customer service and trust
- You'll also be providing thought leadership and support to a team of 200 permanent members of staff in the UK and India, as they go through a major cultural change programme
What you'll do
We'll rely on you to support the delivery of digital office services including managed desktop solutions, collaboration tools, unified communications and mobile infrastructure and application services. We're seeking someone truly 'customer obsessed', who puts the colleague experience and satisfaction at the centre of what they do.
You'll foster an innovative environment that's committed to learning, rapid prototyping, and risk taking. We'll also look to you to evaluate both new concepts, and enhancements to features of existing equipment, systems, and procedures.
In this role you'll also:
- Work with 3rd party suppliers to develop innovative digital solutions
- Establish a vision for the Digital Office that aligns with RBS Digital vision and strategy and CTO vision
- Promote and champion the colleague digital experience, creating internal market demand and igniting passion and excitement
- Underpin operational plans, budget and administration with articulation of business benefits and value
- Provide highly specialized expertise and communication to key stakeholders including executive and senior management
- Understand the key business goals that drive Technology, and map Digital Office solutions to these initiatives
- Support a team of managers and service providers, to deliver initiatives and operational excellence
- Anticipate the needs of the business and determine strategic fit of key initiatives
- Set team priorities, establish expectations, and maintain focus
The skills you'll need
We're looking for extensive experience in the Digital Office or End User Computing discipline.
Vital to this role will be senior level stakeholder engagement and management, you'll be someone with the experience, people skills and confidence to challenge and negotiate, as well as to gain buy-in an and work with 3rd parties.
We're also seeking strong experience in managing an IT outsourced environment.
You'll also need:
- Experience with people management in a large team with a strong track record
- The ability to provide thought leadership and promote continuous improvement with tangible results
- First class communication abilities at a high level
Ideally you'll also have knowledge of working in a regulatory environment, in a large scale organization.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.