- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Customer Service, Financial Services and Investment Admin
- Location: Edinburgh
- £18,025 to £19,275 per annum GBP 18025
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 66264
The RequirementsJoin us as a Telephony Customer Service Representative in Edinburgh
- You’ll become the first point of support for our Royal Bank of Scotland customers in one of our telephony teams
- This is your chance to help us make banking simpler, more responsive and personal
- You’ll match your amazing customer service with your motivation to develop and succeed with us
- We’ll support your personal development with training to achieve the industry recognised Professional Banker Certificate within the first two years
- We’ll start you on a competitive and flexible reward package of £18,025 (pro rata for hours worked), and after a great first year, we’ll put this up to £19,275
What you'll do
Whether it’s carrying out day-to-day banking transactions like paying bills, or helping our customers identify products and services that are right for them; you’ll be on the other end of the phone.
We'll look to you to let our customers know their options when banking with us, so they can make informed choices.
You'll help our customers by:
- Making a positive impact on every customer call, efficiently and effectively having the right conversations with them to meet their needs
- Problem solving and building excellent relationships over the telephone, and providing a friendly, timely and professional service
- Building real connections, being dedicated to finding the right solutions for customers
The skills you'll need
Previous experience of working in a customer service role is ideal. Contact centre experience is an advantage, but not essential.
What is vital is your dedication and passion when it comes to helping our customers. You’ll need to be a real people person, with excellent listening skills and communication abilities.
Resolving the complex problems won’t faze you as you’ll have built a fantastic knowledge of our products and services to help answer any number of customer queries.
You'll also need:
- The determination to go the extra mile for our customers every day to provide that truly personal service
- Good organisation skills and the ability to multitask (as you'll be navigating different systems and processing information when talking to our customers)
- The desire to learn and develop your own skill set, and good keyboard skills
What else you'll need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible and commit to working a rotating work pattern.
Your hours of work will be between the hours of 7am and 12pm (midnight) Monday to Sunday on a rotational shift pattern. We’ll discuss your hours in more detail with you during your interview stage.
Any hours worked outside 8am to 8pm will also attract an additional shift premium payment.
Bank Holiday working is a feature of this role.
You'll enjoy a comprehensive training programme, and on-going coaching and support to enhance your development. When you're ready, we’ll help take your career to the next level.
How we'll reward you
You’ll start on a competitive reward package of £18,025, your package includes the chance to join our retirement saving plan, and to choose whatever protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras you want from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.