- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Financial Advice, Financial Services and Investment Admin
- Location: Edinburgh
- From £20,250 per annum GBP 20250
- Hours: Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 66056
The RequirementsJoin us as a Financial Crime Associate in Edinburgh
- ?This is a chance to make a huge difference to our customers during some of their most difficult times – when they’ve been victims of fraud
- You’ll work with customers over the telephone, giving them essential support and dealing with a wide range of fraud queries
- You’ll be joining a department that puts real emphasis on your development, making this a great place to grow your career
What you'll do
In Fraud & Chargeback Operations, the things that make a difference to our customers are what we do everyday. We’re there to help them when our customers lose money to fraud, and support them when they are in disputes with retailers. You’ll be right at the centre of making that difference, speaking to customers over the telephone, and helping them find the right solution through outstanding service. To succeed in this role, you will:
- Build a trusting relationship with your customer on every call you take, listening carefully and asking the right questions
- Understand the customers’ needs and concerns, and resolve them efficiently and effectively
- Build and maintain a broad awareness of the techniques fraudsters use
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with a natural flair and genuine desire for helping customers, using a full range of investigative tools. You’ll have a creative approach to problem solving, will be passionate about preventing fraud, and eager to develop your knowledge and skills. We’ll also be looking for:
- Great interpersonal skills, with the ability to build personal credibility, and engage with your stakeholders on often sensitive issues
- A keen eye for detail, allowing you to identify potential risks to the bank and our customers
- The ability to manage multiple tasks at once, and to work well under pressure
What else you'll need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible in working a rotating shift pattern.
You’ll be required to work between 16 and 30 hours a week. Your shifts will be in the evening and at night between 18.00 – 02.00, and you should also expect to work some weekends and bank holidays. Your training will take place in the afternoon and evening, and we’ll give you a shift premium for working hours late in the day: 10% for hours between 20.00 – 22.00, and 25% for hours between 22.00 – 02.00.
We’re able to offer some flexibility on start times, and we’ll discuss the working days and hours that suit you in more detail during the application process.
How we'll reward you
You’ll start on a competitive reward package of £20,250 (pro rata for hours worked). Your package includes the chance to join our retirement saving plan, and to choose whatever protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras you want from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days (pro rata for hours worked) – you may be required to work bank holidays.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.