The BusinessWe're looking for a Service Specialist - Data & Analytics to join us in Edinburgh
- Join a team which plays a key role in helping the bank to achieve its goal of becoming number one for customer service, trust and advocacy, by using customer data to continue to make the bank safe and improve our services
- You'll provide direct support to the applications which collate data for departments bank wide
- You'll need to be flexible to work in a 24/7 environment
What you'll do
You'll be supporting applications in Data & Analytics. Your role will involve addressing any issues in this process, and you'll investigate and fix the issue, seeing it through to resolution.
As such your role will entail:
- Providing technical help and direction in support of IT systems
- Taking ownership for service in the areas of specialist knowledge
- Driving continuous improvement of existing processes and procedures
- Communicating and collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders
- Helping colleagues by sharing expertise and specialist knowledge
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with excellent problem solving skills and technical capability, along with knowledge and experience in some or all of the following:
- Mainframe, CA7, UNIX, Oracle
- SQL, Teradata
- Informatica (PowerCentre, Master Data Management)
This will be supported by your processes experience, such as Incident, Change and Problem, and your exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.