The RequirementsJoin us as Service Analyst - Capacity, in Edinburgh
- We'll look to you to interact with other platform support teams, application support teams, and the project community - forming an excellent network
- You'll be joining us in Capacity Management, a team within Technology responsible for monitoring and reporting on the capacity of the bank’s technology platforms and IT Services
- You'll be analysing performance data from across the bank's technology platforms, reporting on utilisation and reviewing output with key stakeholders
What you'll do
We'll look to you to be responsible for providing utilisation data analysis, and support for the bank's Mainframe and Distributed platforms, and the services that run on them.
You'll be operating the Capacity Process - this includes; creating Capacity utilisation reports, reviewing data with key stakeholders, creating and maintaining Capacity plans, analysing and reporting on system and service performance, and raising incidents.
You'll also be performing project capacity assurance providing signoff on changes to capacity requirements as part of project implementations.
- Be responsible for development of apprentices and junior members of the team
- Have responsibility for tracking and reporting on the capacity utilisation of the mainframe and distributed platforms that support customer services
- Be reporting on the capacity utilisation of the critical customer facing services
- Liaise with IT Projects to understand their future impact on infrastructure capacity, working with business-interfacing and application teams to understand the forward demand on IT services and creating capacity plans to meet the future capacity requirements of the business
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role you'll need:
- Experience of working in technology with an understanding of Mainframe and Distributed technology platforms
- Experience of Capacity planning processes and procedures
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good skills in Microsoft Office tools, particularly MS Excel
- Analytical experience
- Strong and well developed communication and interpersonal skills
Ideally, you'll also show experience of using the SAS programming language.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.