The BusinessWe're looking for a Leadership Communications Manager to join us in Edinburgh
- This role is a chance for an outstanding communicator and proactive strategist to work directly with some of the most senior leaders in the bank, and to shape the messages which convey key aspects of their strategy
- You'll have the chance to work on communications which are global in scope, and which touch on all of the bank's customer businesses and functions
- You'll be joining a supportive team who operate with a forward looking culture, including embracing a range of flexible working practices
- The role is available for a period of 9 months
What you'll do
This role will draw heavily on your creativity and writing talent as much as your ability to deliver and your stakeholder engagement skills. You'll produce key communications for some of our most senior leaders – typically at executive level – acting as a partner; your input will be crucial to shaping the content, form and medium which is most appropriate to achieving the leader's strategic goals.
You'll work with them to understand the communication priorities and intended audience, and to determine the best way of reaching them. That could means selecting between options such as the bank's intranet, internal social media, town hall events or speeches. Other aspects of your role will include:
- Understanding the broader business's communications priorities, and developing communication plans that align to them
- Identifying interdependent communications projects, and making sure the potential conflicts and harmonies are clearly understood and managed
- Making sure that communications represent a clear and consistent narrative
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with good experience and a strong track record in employee communications, and with well developed stakeholder engagement and consultancy skills. You'll need outstanding communication skills, particularly in writing, with the ability to select the right words and to tailor both the method and style of your communications to best reach their intended audiences. We'll also expect:
- The ability to challenge senior stakeholders
- A proactive and self-starting approach which allows you to identify and connect communication opportunities
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- The ability to produce high quality work in the face of what may be challenging deadlines
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
ng-bindingAt RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.