- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 66188
The BusinessJoin us in London as a Lead Supply Chain Manager
- If you're curious about the Digital world and want to help drive a change in how we engage with our customers, this role could provide the perfect platform
- We're looking for a motivated and highly organised leader and Supply Chain professional to join our Supply Chain Services (SCS) division
- As part of the Technology Supply Chain team that sits within Supply Chain Services, you’ll lead a team of Supply Chain Managers
What you'll do
As Lead Supply Chain Manager, you'll lead a team who will agree and execute the strategy for procuring and managing third party infrastructure hardware, software and services contracts. The suppliers providing these services will be large, multi-national companies that provide technology infrastructure and services to RBS.
In the creation and delivery of the strategy, you'll be accountable for your team's execution of sourcing projects, which will result in a negotiated supplier contract that meets the needs of RBS Technology at a commercial cost and within the bank’s risk appetite. You'll also develop and use strong networks across the supply market, taking on a leadership role to provide useful business insight and innovative supply chain solutions for the bank.
Day-to-day, you'll also be:
- Supporting the development of the bank's supply base, including ownership and management of key suppliers
- Business partnering with members of the Technology Leadership Team
- Delivering robust commercial deals for the bank, making sure risk is managed effectively
- Contributing to the overall reduction of the bank's cost base, leading to the bank meeting its objective of improving the customer experience
- Implementing and supporting supply chain strategies within your team's remit, making sure the team is managing the timely execution of the bank's contract pipeline
- Delivering specific Technology development projects in collaboration with stakeholders, ensuring the team delivers on time and with excellent stakeholder results
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need strong commercial acumen and experience of negotiating with suppliers. Along with experience of leading a team across multiple locations, you’ll also have supply market knowledge across a variety of spend categories and have a detailed understanding of the complex Technology environments. Infrastucture experience would be a significant advantage.
We'll also be looking for you to have a degree and possibly hold a relevant professional qualification, such as CIPS or equivalent.
You'll also need:
- Knowledge of Contract law and legal knowledge relevant to supply chain
- Experience in supply chain skills and techniques including category management, contract negotiation and management, supplier selection and management
- The ability to articulate a supply chain strategy which meets the needs of a business, such as Technology
- A good understanding of IT infrastructure environments
- Experience in leading and managing strategic and business critical supplier relationships and contracts
- Experience in cost and financial management
On a more personal level, you'll have excellent stakeholder management, communication, influencing and interpersonal skills, and will be able to create an environment that motivates and empowers others to deliver an exceptional client experience. You'll be a creative thinker with an innovative and entrepreneurial mind set, and possess the ability to develop a solution from idea to implementation.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.