- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 61297
The BusinessJoin us as an Assurance Manager in Edinburgh
- This is an opportunity to take on a role with great development potential in our Assurance team
- You'll lead and manage a portfolio of assurance reviews and provide oversight on projects in line with Supply Chain Services (SCS) and Security & Resilience (S&R) standards and procedures
- You'll be building your leadership profile and honing your assurance expertise in a friendly, supportive and forward looking team
What you'll do
At the heart of this role you'll be delivering assurance reviews to a high standard, and managing a portfolio of assurance reviews for critical suppliers. You'll also be providing expert oversight on a range of new and existing projects. You'll deliver a portfolio of reviews of suppliers predominately in the areas of information security and business resilience (ISO23001 and ISO22313), where your reviews will be based upon international standards (ISO/IEC27001 and ISO/IEC27002 frameworks) and industry best practice.
You'll also foster proactive and professional relationships with the business and suppliers, providing robust challenge to give an understanding of the risks associated with third-party engagements. In order to carry out the reviews you'll need to be able to travel in the UK.
Your responsibilities include:
- Preparing reports following the completion of a review that accurately reflects issues against S&R policies and international standards
- Building effective relationships with business partners (for example Procurement, Risk, and external parties) and co-ordinating activity to optimise risk management
- Working with key business stakeholders to define the business context and scope of third party assurance reviews and identify any potential issues and concerns
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience and understanding of industry best practices in Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and IT Continuity. You'll also need a keen eye for detail and experience of operating in an Audit, Assurance or Risk function.
We'll look to you to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills, and experience of managing relationships with business and senior stakeholders
- Thorough experience in the analysis and presentation of complex data and production of succinct reports
- Ability to understand technical information security and business resilience requirements and solutions
- A collaborative work ethos
- The flexibility to travel in the UK
- The ability to gather and analyse information, identifying root causes of issues and suitable solutions
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.