Interview Date: Week Commencing 21 August 2017
Contract Type - Temporary until 31 May 2018
Working Pattern: Monday to Thursday 5 hours daily
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the attached Job Pack. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for. The main terms and conditions of employment are also available via the above link.
Work within a team supporting the delivery of a broad and balanced Early Year's curriculum within a caring, safe, and welcoming environment which enables each child to achieve their potential.
Contribute to the creation of a positive ethos this develops children's self-esteem and personal identity in a climate of trust and praise.
Work with parent and carers, and with other agencies, to promote the welfare and development of every child will also be involved within this post.
Fife Council pays the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate to employees earning less than £8.33 per hour. If the hourly rate of pay for the post is less than the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate a supplement will be paid.
You should possess:
• A National Certificate (NC) Early Years Education & Childcare and Higher National Certificate (HNC) Early Years Education & Childcare or equivalent.
• Or a Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) Level 3 Childcare or Social Services, Children & Young People, with experience working in an Education Service Nursery/Partner Provider.
• Or Scottish National Nursery Education Board (SNNEB) or equivalent.
• Ability to register with SSSC at practitioner level within 6 months of taking up employment in this role (Early Learning and Childcare Class/Centre only) and must complete the required Post Registration Training and Learning (PRTL) over the registration period.
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain a Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme Membership through Disclosure Scotland.Responsibilities
Under the leadership and direction of the Headteacher and management team, the post holder may be required to undertake any of the following tasks which may be delegated to Early Years Officers.
• Promoting children's learning, development and welfare
• The assessment and monitoring of children.
• Liaison/Communication with parents and carers.
• To contribute to planning aspects of children's development, learning and welfare.
We are looking for an individual who has experience within an Early Years setting along with knowledge of the Curriculum for Excellence and knowledge of child development from birth to 5 years. The individual will have the ability to work without supervision and will work effectively within a team. Highly developed communication skills are needed for this role along with the ability to write reports and children's records in order to provide a regular and effective service. Experience of working with children of 2 to 5 years of age is also essential for this post.
In Fife Council How We Work Matters and you will be responsible for being a role model by displaying and promoting behaviours that are expected of all Council employees:
• Take ownership
• Focus on customers
• Work together
• Embrace technology & information
• Deliver results
For further information please contact: Andria Sullivan on 01592 583414 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.