The BusinessJoin us in London as a Senior Auditor for Enterprise Wide Risk
- If you’re a diligent and highly-motivated audit professional, this is an excellent opportunity for you to join us as a Senior Auditor
- You'll be joining an industry leading audit function within a large and complex financial services organisation, providing assurance on the Enterprise Wide Risk Management function
- You’ll be pivotal in building on the reputation and integrity of the function, providing independent assurance
- This is your opportunity to develop your prior knowledge and experience in risk management or internal audit, with a clear route for personal and professional development
What you'll do
You'll be providing robust and challenging insight and assistance on audits covering Enterprise Wide Risk Management activities, including risk assessment, Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process, integrated stress testing, risk models, risk management and risk reporting.
This role will give you the platform to make a significant impact and influence our business managers to ensure they lead in a risk conscious way. Working under the direction of the Audit Lead, you'll work with the wider team in mapping out processes, assessing risks and controls, and gain a real insight into the control environment by visiting business areas and establishing how to effectively test. You’ll also have the opportunity at times to lead on engagements –some of which may be complex in nature.
You'll also be:
- Analysing MI and reviewing risk information to effectively support on identifying key business risks
- Working with others to produce a final report compiling your findings into a high quality document
- Driving the delivery of efficient and effective assurance
- Having open and effective discussions on key risks, engaging with business stakeholders, and on occasions coaching auditors
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with internal or external audit experience, but it's essential that you've worked in banking or an audit function within a bank.
It's really important that you have sound analytical skills, along with the ability to assess and prioritise data effectively, quickly establishing what is important. You’ll need a strong understanding of principles of good risk management, with a thorough grounding in monitoring and testing effective controls. We'll also be looking for you to have a good understanding of the Capital Requirements Regulation and other key regulatory requirements relating to risk and capital management and the use of risk models under the internal rating based approach.
Experience in the following areas would also be an advantage:
- Integrated Stress Testing
- Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process
- Economic Capital
- practices around building and validating risk models
- Enterprise level risk assessment and risk reporting
On a more interpersonal level, you’ll need to be adept at communicating verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise way, and be comfortable managing relationships with senior stakeholders.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.