- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 66146
The RequirementsJoin as as a Data Scientist in Edinburgh or London
- You'll be supporting the bank's evolution of its Data Science capability
- You'll select and develop new techniques for solving complex data related problems
- This exciting role will put you at the forefront of educating and selling the developments in data science across the bank
- You'll grow your abilities alongside this team, bringing an innovative and passionate approach to data science to benefit our business
What you'll do
You'll join Data & Analytics in our brand new Data Design & Innovation team. We'll look to you to support us to develop new insights from data assets using advanced data science techniques, and support the Data Innovation design team with insight and analysis.
Your role will involve:
- Driving, educating and selling the developments in data science, across the data analyst and data science community
- Being a key member of the team of data scientists exploring and demonstrating how new techniques can be applied to data to drive value across our business
- Formulating the data science business strategy in conjunction with the broader data science community
- Leading the broader Data Scientist & Data Analyst community to identify and deliver opportunities to support the bank’s strategic direction through better use of our data
- Managing multiple concurrent virtual (matrix) teams of data science specialists to implement the strategy
- Embedding new data techniques in to the business through role modeling, training and design oversight
- Supporting the processes of pilots and proof of concept delivery to prove opportunities and develop business cases to drive those opportunities; influencing stakeholders and gaining stakeholder support across the bank as required
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need an excellent understanding of the bank across all franchises and functions from a business and data perspective. You'll be a structured thinker with the ability to clarify and simplify complex ideas.
You'll also have:
- Deep experience of data science techniques, including the pragmatic implementation of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and multi-variant analysis techniques
- Experience of tools used to deploy advanced techniques, including some of R, Impala, SAS, Python, Spark in a structured and unstructured data environment
- An ability to work with and influence senior stakeholders
- An ability to manage a portfolio of technically complex opportunities simultaneously
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.