A unique opportunity has arisen for a successful candidate to join the Lochaber Smelter team as a Power Plant Controller. Lochaber Smelter is the last remaining Aluminium Smelter in the UK, and our Power Station forms part of an extensive Hydro Scheme.
Reporting to the Senior Electrical Engineer, The Power Plant Controller is responsible for monitoring and controlling the Power Station generated output and continual general maintenance of the Power Station.
The duties of the Power Plant Controller are –
- Monitoring and controlling Power Station generated output, this includes the regulation of generator output as required by Kinlochleven and ensuring generated output does not exceed contractual agreement.
- Switch IN and OUT AC generation.
- Switch IN and OUT process rectification units
- Reinstate all generators and rectification in the event of a station trip
- Communicate with Grid Control on various aspects of the operation and power generation.
- Monitoring of load on incoming 33kv lines.
- Monitoring import/export levels and adjust site load/generation to meet agreed power requirements.
- Implement import/export strategies as agreed with Power Purchasing Department
- Record Meter readings on a daily basis.
- Monitor and record Tailrace levels and water flows.
- Liaise with contractors on site and review method statements and risk assessments as necessary.
- Control activities ongoing within the Power Station.
- Recording of accidents and near misses in the Management Data Base.
Ideal candidates should have an excellent standard and proactive approach to HSE. They should be qualified to HNC level in a relevant Engineering discipline.
Whilst not necessary, it would be advantageous for candidates to have experience of power stations and/or hydro schemes.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.