PMO Lead, Glasgow City Centre - Fixed Term Contract
Fixed Term Contract: 12 months maternity cover,
Location: Glasgow City centre
Salary: £50k DOE
There is an exciting opportunity to join the Programme Management Office team at CYB. The Bank has committed a record amount of money to update its systems and processes to make the Bank the best it can be for its customers, staff and shareholders. The PMO plays a key part in ensuring that this spend is appropriately apportioned, governed, spent and reported on.
The role entails taking the normal project management data of RAIDs, plans, forecasts and budgets but taking the analysis and outcomes of them to the next level. If you’re familiar with the P3O model, you will know that PMOs now need to add strategic value to an organisation and not just set, monitor and report on standards and progress. Using innovative industry tools, the role will work with key areas across the Bank: Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Investment Management, Risk and the Technology teams to provide insightful analysis and recommendations on how best to manage the overall portfolio to ensure it remains balanced, delivers its committed capabilities and provides value for money.
We are looking for an individual to join the team to provide considered insight and challenge to the size, shape and direction of the portfolio within Innovation & Change.
We're looking for a person to:
• Work closely with the Investment Management team to lead a change in culture to continually focus on and drive improvements on the financial and commercial activities that underpin project management.
• Work closely with the Commercial Manager and Transformation Manager within T&BM to make the most of all available resources in order to deliver a balanced project portfolio of customer, staff and regulatory outcomes within a defined appetite.
• Provide metrical input to the Innovation & Change Business Controls meeting on how well the department is performing for internal and externally facing KPIs.
• Understand the current financial processes and strive to simplify them for a much enhanced user and customer experience.
Collating and synthesizing portfolio financial activity is a key service of the Programme Management Office within Transformation & Business Management for the Innovation & Change Leadership team and beyond. The successful candidate will become the hub of understanding for what is happening across portfolio during a period of considerable change and heightened scrutiny.
You must possess:
• A sound understanding of the project and programme management discipline in order to be able to detect, control and report on what is happening
• An ability to translate and understand project financial activity and be able to provide timely, succinctly and meaningful updates to the I&C management team on series of portfolio performance and insight measures.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate who is proactive, perceptive, highly motivated and is comfortable to work autonomously in a fast paced and ever changing environment. An understanding of how projects work and the difficulties they can run into will be a real advantage when understanding inbound data and reports in order to shape and inform outward recommendations and actions.
The role is all about…
• Responsibility for reporting output on the Innovation & Change portfolio.
• Liaising with the Innovation & Change Leadership Team and their direct reports to ensure all data and reporting is accurate and as up to date as possible.
• Liaising with Investment Management, Finance, the Commercial Manager and Transformation Manager within T&BM.
We need you to have….
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Project for planning
• A passion for accurate and high impact project reporting, coupled with a drive to improve way things are done across Innovation & Change, Investment Management and Finance.
• Ability to critically question senior stakeholders and their teams to elicit meaningful updates from them in order to craft succinct and powerful updates about portfolio activity.
• Ability to build and leverage robust working relationships across Innovation & Change, Investment Management and Finance, in order to get the best possible outcomes for the Bank.
We’d like you to have….
• Project delivery experience.
• P3O, PRINCE2 or MSP qualification
• Demonstrable experience of portfolio planning and management.
We'll look after you with…
• A competitive starting salary, as well as the opportunity to earn bonus
• 30 days holiday allowance PLUS public holidays, if that's not enough, you have the option to buy even more!
• Not forgetting our pension and share save scheme, as well as attractive discounts on banking products and well known high-street brands.
Points to note: If we offer you the job, and you accept you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
We are an equal opportunity employer (in accordance with applicable legislation) and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by local legislation. All employment related decisions are made entirely on merit.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.