The BusinessJoin us as a Fund Oversight Manager in Edinburgh
- This is an opportunity to take on a role with great development potential in our Fund Oversight team
- You'll have daily oversight of outsourced functions, and become a subject matter expert for fund change projects and initiatives
- You'll have immediate exposure to strategic change initiatives, and you'll be working with senior stakeholders on a wide variety of work streams
- This role is available for a 6 month period
What you'll do
Fund Oversight is part of the asset management financial control team; we ensure the bank's range of collective investment schemes are managed in accordance with regulatory requirements and are operationally efficient. Our work also extends into product management, where we aim to deliver outstanding customer service.
You'll have responsibility for oversight of the fund accounting of funds managed by the Wealth and Retail Divisions management companies - RBS Asset Management (ACD) Ltd, RBS Asset Management (Dublin) Ltd and RBS Collective Investment Funds Ltd.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The financial management of RBS’s collective investment scheme
- Daily oversight of outsourced functions and daily price movement checks
- Providing subject matter expertise for fund change projects and initiatives
- Reviewing Investment Funds reports
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience of investment fund operations, particularly fund accounting. We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of UK investment fund regulations
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Good analytic skills and a keen eye for detail
- A collaborative ethos and a proactive approach to identifying areas for improvement
An Accounting qualification would be advantageous but this is not essential, so long as you have the right skills and experiences.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus a 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
ng-bindingAt RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.