The BusinessJoin us as an AML Operations Officer in the Isle of Man
- If you have some experience of financial crime regulations and processes, this is an ideal opportunity to join our specialist Anti-Money Laundering (AML) team
- AML is a growing area of the financial services industry and a fascinating topic which offers a wealth of potential avenues for career development
- The time you spend building your own knowledge will be as valuable as the time you spend protecting the bank and our customers
What you'll do
In this role, you'll be protecting our customers, teams and the bank from AML and Sanctions risks by identifying the level of risk our customers hold and reporting any suspicious or unacceptable trends and behaviours.
You'll be achieving this through:
- Responding to alerts generated by our AML systems
- Correctly determining whether our customers pose any risk to RBSI
- Highlighting any Politically Exposed Person's (PEPs)
- Determining any transactions that may be of risk
The team will be split into four areas of AML; •PEPs, Transactions, Payment filtering and Sanctions. You'll become a specialist in one of these areas, however you’ll be flexing across all areas where required. You'll also be working to identify PEPs, and notify the wider business areas so that they can manage the customer effectively.
Above all, you'll be assisting the team in working towards becoming being a centre of excellence for AML and financial crime.
The skills you'll need
This role may be ideal for you if you want to move from a front line banking role into a head office environment. You'll need good sanctions knowledge, an understanding of policy frameworks and of the principles of risk management.
You'll be aware of the impact of risks on the bank and ideally have a background in payments, however, more importantly, you'll have the drive and motivation to push forward your career in AML.
We're also looking for:
- Good stakeholder engagement skills
- The ability to establish credibility quickly, and communicate clearly and persuasively
- The ability to work well under time pressure, and to prioritise effectively as you'll be working to strict turnaround times
What else you need to know
Due to local legislation, you’ll need to possess the right to both live and work on the Isle of Man to undertake this role.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.