- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Investment Management, Management
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 62261
The BusinessWe’re looking for a Production Management Specialist - WebSphere to join our WebSphere team in Technology
- You'll be delivering technical change and support for relevant platforms, activities, and processes
- Every day will be a new challenge, working with a diverse variety of middleware technologies
- You'll be performing a wide range of day-to-day activities that will shape and support new services
What you'll do
You’ll be responsible for proactively monitoring and enhancing the availability of the infrastructure on windows, AIX, Solaris, Linux and Z/OS. As well as this, you'll:
- Control the recovery and tuning of infrastructure for critical banking services
- Use root cause analysis to address and permanently resolve recurring issues
- Participate in a 24/7 recovery on-call rota as the primary WebSphere specialist
You'll also be supporting with installations, maintenance and upgrades across all platforms, and supporting the day-to-day operation of technology across the bank.
The skills you'll need
While we're looking for someone who's had experience as a WebSphere or support analyst – and ideally of the Unix platform, and specifically AIX and Linux – you don't necessarily have to be a WebSphere expert, as long as you have the technical ability and enthusiasm to develop your skills in this field.
We're also looking for:
- Strong experience of Websphere Applications Server 6.1 and above
- Familiarity with service management disciplines, covering change, incident and problem management
- The ability to deliver high quality solutions under pressure
- A proven track record of problem determination and strong problem solving skills
- A collaborative thinker, who can drive improvement while working on a wide range of platforms
Z/OS experience is also desirable, while previous experience in a banking environment is beneficial, but not essential.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
ng-bindingAt RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.