Fixed Term – 6 Months, Clydebank
Salary £20,160 + Shift allowance of £5,667
CYB are looking for a SOC Technician to be based in our Glasgow Clydebank offices, an individual with high integrity and drive who has a real passion for Information Security. Likely to be an experienced Information Security or SOC professional, educated to degree standard or holding a current relevant qualifications or having related experience within a Security Operations Centre.
The role is a shift role working shifts on a 24x7 basis which attracts a shift premium.
This role is about..
As an Information Security SOC Analyst you will become part of an expanding Information Security department. You will operate analysis and incident response activities directly related to security incidents. You will support the activities of the Information Security department and the wider company, and will respond to a wide variety of incidents relating to both malicious activity and inadvertent actions.
We need you to have…
- Degree educated in Cyber Security or an IT discipline, or have equivalent experience in an SOC environment
- Knowledge of the IT environment
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good combination of technical knowledge and technical aptitude
- Ability to make sound decisions and judgements under stress;
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, relationship skills, and written/verbal communications skills; ability to motivate and influence others, and to negotiate and build consensus
You should have...
- Experience of Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) tools
- Data analysis experience and skills
- An understanding of the Financial Services regulated environment within the UK and the requirements of Information Security within it;
- Practical experience of Information Security frameworks and knowledge of Data Security & Privacy, Network Security, Access Control, Security Incident Management;
We'll look after you with…
- A competitive starting salary, as well as the opportunity to earn bonus
- 25 days holiday allowance (PRO RATA) PLUS public holidays, if that's not enough, you have the option to buy even more!
- Not forgetting our pension and share save scheme, as well as attractive discounts on banking products and well known high-street brands.
Points to note: If we offer you the job, and you accept you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
We are an equal opportunity employer (in accordance with applicable legislation) and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by local legislation. All employment related decisions are made entirely on merit.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.