This post requires working a shift pattern working an average 35 hours per week covering 24 hours per day 7 days per week and includes an additional shift allowance payment.
Glasgow Caledonian University is looking to appoint a new Security Officer to join an experienced team of Security Officers.
The main purpose of this role is to provide a highly efficient security service by protecting people, property, and resources of the University.
Candidates should have similar previous work experience, preferably gained in a similar environment, although full training will be given to the successful applicant. Good communication skills, both written and oral, together with the need to be an enthusiastic team player are essential requirements for this role.
Applicants must have the continued right to live and work in the United Kingdom to apply for this vacancy.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, and are committed to promoting equality and valuing diversity at GCU.
Please note that the appointment will be made on the first point of the salary scale (unless by exception).Main purpose of the role
To provide a highly efficient security service by protecting people, property, and resources of the University.Accountabilities/Responsibilities of the role
1. Locking and unlocking University building including satellite locations as necessary
2. Patrolling University buildings and campus to protect the property of the University from crime and vandalism.
3. Protecting the resources of the University against damage by fire, flood or other hazards and reporting possible breaches of Health and Safety regulations to the Security Management Team.
4. Monitoring CCTV coverage and dealing appropriately with identified breaches of security
5. Contacting and liaising with emergency services as necessary
6. Responding to the needs of staff, students and visitors in hazardous situations, (e.g. Fire evacuation, persons requiring First Aid or trapped in lifts)
7. Submitting crime and incident reports to the Security Management Team
8. Recording and safekeeping of lost and found property
9. Providing cover on Receptions desks as necessary
10. Act as warden in the event of fire or emergency incident
11. Contacting and liaising with University Executive and FMD staff as necessary
12. Acting on call on a rota basis for all University property including satellite locationsPerson specification
Educational and/or Professional Qualifications
E1- First Aid Certificate or be willing to undertake appropriate training to obtain certification.
E2- Experience of communicating effectively with a wide range of people
D1 - Relevant similar experience
Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours
E3 - Ability to work as part of a team and act on own initiative
E4 - Good communication skills
E5 - Courteous and helpful manner
E6 - Flexible approach to work
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk