- Location: Bearsden
- £18,979 to £21,387.80 per annum, Grade 5 (SS35) GBP 18979
- Hours: Part Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: EAD01667
Please note this post is temporary until 31/03/2018.
Pupil Equity Funding has provided an exciting temporary opportunity in the newly created Family Learning Assistant positions within a number of schools in EDC .
The Family Learning Assistant will work within schools as part of the team to provide support to children and families. They will develop and deliver targeted projects and promote and develop links between the school, parents and families to promote parental involvement and engagement. The successful candidate will provide a range of practical, personal and emotional supports and aide and assist parents to utilise mainstream community based facilities.
They must have strong foundation knowledge of child development including attachment theory, nurture and play approaches and attend multi agency meetings.
You will be enthusiastic and articulate with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have an understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk