Technical Specialist, Middleware Apps Team.
Clydebank Business Park
As a Technical Specialist, you will be a key part of a high-performing team supporting the organisation’s WebSphere Application Server (WAS) infrastructure. Online Java applications are hosted on this infrastructure and you will be responsible for ensuring all change in this area is managed and controlled effectively, working closely with both internal colleagues and external 3rd parties.
Our work is highly specialised, high profile and fast paced, so you will be expected to self-manage in a professional and proactive manner in conjunction with your Manager who will assign your tasks.
The role is all about…
- Supporting live service through proactive identification of risk, swift resolution of live issues and proposing appropriate fixes/improvements for future
- Providing consultancy to Infrastructure Designers and project teams to ensure our WAS related solutions meet the organisation’s strategic needs
- Build, configure, test and lockdown IHS and WAS environments
- Application test and live deployments including shakedown and problem resolution
- Collaborating with internal and external parties in order to provide excellent customer service
- Improving our processes through process automation, innovation and continuous improvement.
We need you to have…
- Practical experience of any or all of our supported technologies:
- IBM WebSphere Application Server
- IBM Websphere eXtreme Scale
- IBM HTTP Server
- IBM WebSphere Portal
- IBM Web Content Manager
- IBM DataPower
- Practical experience of Java Applications (both packaged and internally developed)
- Practical experience of UNIX (preferably RHEL, AIX and Solaris) and UNIX shell scripting
- An understanding of Internet-based Information Technology
- Knowledge of Information Security concepts such as encryption using keys, SSL or HTTPS
- Exposure to J2EE Development framework
We would like you to have...
- Strong technical expertise and decision-making skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and take responsibility for team deliverables
- Clear evidence of ability to prioritise multiple activities in a rapidly changing environment
- Positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
We'll look after you with...
- A competitive starting salary and the opportunity to earn an annual performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays, if that's not enough, you have the option to buy even more!
- Our pension and share save scheme, as well as attractive discounts on banking products and well known high-street brands through our affinity reward scheme
Points to note: If we offer you the job, and you accept you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
We are an equal opportunity employer (in accordance with applicable legislation) and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, non disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by local legislation. All employment related decisions are made entirely on merit.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.