- Sector: Heritage, Culture and Library
- Specialism: Conservation
- Location: Dingwall
- Starting Salary £24,833 per annum pro rata GBP 24833
- Hours: Full Time Contract
- Contact: SNHJOBS
- Reference: 044-333
37 hours per week, fixed term until 31st March 2020
Location: Dingwall preferred, but other offices in South Highland will be considered
The postholder will contribute to the delivery of Scottish Natural Heritage’s objectives within South Highland Unit. The post will principally deliver work in the Inner Moray Firth area, but will also be expected to be work flexibly throughout the area.
The post’s main areas of work will include the provision of advice on protected areas to local authorities, competent authorities and land managers. They will also carry out monitoring of protected areas.
Applicants should have an HND or equivalent qualification in an environmental discipline or countryside management. Alternatively they should be able to demonstrate qualification by relevant practical experience. Applicants should be familiar with the main habitats, species and landscapes in the Highlands which contribute to the area’s key natural heritage assets, and how they can be affected by proposals for development or land use change.
The successful candidates will have the following skills:
- The ability to work with a range of organisations and stakeholders, able to work independently and within dispersed teams
- Have a working Knowledge of SNH's role in the Scottish Planning System
- Knowledge and experience of species ecology, habitat types and land use in Scotland
- The ability to Plan and Prioritise Workloads
- Working knowledge of Scotland's environmental/nature conservation issues and the work of SNH
- Good communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in response to changing priorities
- A driving licence is essential
Closing date: 15th October 2017
Interview: 1st November 2017
Please apply at
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.