Responsible for the daily and short term corrective and preventive maintenance activities associated with the efficient operations of the Maintenance Department and plant.
- Ensure a safe working environment for Maintenance personnel and ensure safety standards are met in accordance with company policy
- Coordinate the daily and weekly operation of the Maintenance Department
- Work closely with the Maintenance Technicians to ensure daily and weekly tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner
- Works closely with operations and logistics teams in order to ensure that tasks are completed in a planned and coordinated fashion
- Understand maintenance cost drivers and promote cost effective solutions amongst maintenance employees
- Assist Maintenance Manager in developing short to mid-term maintenance plans to ensure the highest planned work compliance
- Understand the knowledge, skills, and abilities of each maintenance employee in order to select, train, and provide guidance and inspiration through leadership and teamwork to ensure empowered work teams
- Review deficiencies noted during corrective maintenance, properly channel these issues toward execution
- Maintain and advise on the use and disposition of stock items and surplus items
- Assist Maintenance Manager in developing and executing major maintenance overhauls and outages
- Deputise for the Maintenance Manager
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in a production or manufacturing management role in a relevant sector
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to motivate employees
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be detail oriented
- Excellent organisation/prioritisation skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills (preferably with an engineering background)
- Solid understanding of health & safety protocols
- Ability to work as a team member with strong time management and record keeping skills
- Ability to develop work schedules and coordinate projects/assignments to meet
A full clean driving licence is desirable.
Salary Range: £27,670 to £30,188 per annum plus overtime and shift allowance.
Please apply at marineharvest.com/people by 31st December 2017.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.