Coordinate and supervise all operational activities including the unloading and storage of raw materials, warehousing and despatch of finished product in a safe and efficient manor.
- Ensure a safe working environment for Operations personnel and ensure safety standards are met in accordance with company policy
- Coordinate the daily and weekly operation of the Operations Department
- Work closely with the Operations Technicians to ensure daily and weekly tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner
- Works closely with operations and logistics teams in order to ensure that tasks are completed in a planned and coordinated fashion
- Understand Operations cost drivers and promote cost effective solutions amongst Operations employees
- Assist Operations Manager in developing short to mid-term Operations plans to ensure the highest planned work compliance
- Understand the knowledge, skills, and abilities of each Operations employee in order to select, train, and provide guidance and inspiration through leadership and teamwork to ensure empowered work teams
- Deputise for the Operations Manager
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in a production or manufacturing management role
- Advance knowledge and understanding of logistic planning, budgeting, controlling
- Ability to supervise and train assigned employee including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Have good leadership skills
- Solid understanding of health & safety protocols
A full clean driving licence is desirable.
Salary Range: £27,670 to £30,188 per annum plus overtime and shift allowance.
Please apply at marineharvest.com/people by 31st December 2017.