- Sector: Aquaculture
- Location: Isle of Skye
- £27,670 to £30,188 per annum GBP 27670
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Gillian Dempster
- Reference: Assistant Production Manager, Feed Mill
The primary focus of the role will be the day to day management of production, ensuring control and development of people and production functions. This will also include compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Co-ordinate production on a day to day level ensuring that quality, efficiency and Yield targets are delivered
- Managing, training and developing all members of the production and operations teams
- Accurate stock control of all raw materials and finished products onsite
- Health and Safety and Environmental Management on site
- Overseeing the scheduling of production
- Budget control for production
- Ensuring hygiene, feed quality and environmental standards are met in accordance with UFAS, company procedures, statutory regulations and customer requirements
- Work closely with maintenance staff to minimise downtime
- Deputise for the Production Manager
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in a production or manufacturing management role in a relevant sector
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be detail oriented
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to motivate employees
- Excellent organisation/prioritisation skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of health & safety protocols
A full clean driving licence is desirable.
Salary Range: £27,670 to £30,188 per annum plus overtime and shift allowance.
Please apply at marineharvest.com/people by 31st December 2017.