Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of Health & Safety Policies/Procedures, to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Recommend, develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure high standards of Health & Safety practice and compliance with UK legislation
- Assist with and investigate accidents and dangerous occurrences, produce reports, make recommendations and advise the Company on common law claims relating to safety or occupational health issues as required
- Monitor and maintain all necessary registers, records and statistical information, including accident/incident records, risk assessments and COSHH records
- Identify, develop and participate in safety training programmes as required by UK law and/or company policy
- Ensure that new equipment and plant is assessed for risk and that appropriate procedures and safe systems of work are complied with
- Maintain Company Safety Policy documents
- Coordinate and deliver in house Health & Safety, manual handling, confined space entry and chemical handling courses
- Promote safety awareness at all levels and in all area
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Experience in Modern Safety Management and Loss/Risk Management
- Experience in a production or manufacturing management role in a relevant sector
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be detail oriented
- Excellent organisation/prioritisation skills
- Proficient computer skills
A full clean driving licence is desirable.
Please apply at marineharvest.com/people by 31st December 2017.