- Sector: Aquaculture
- Location: Isle of Skye
- £18,985 to £24,085 per annum GBP 18985
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Gillian Dempster
- Reference: Maintenance Technician, Feed Mill
Responsible for the installation and testing of mechanical and electronic devices, inspecting and adjusting functions of equipment, scheduling maintenance, and giving reports on functioning or conditions of machines and equipment.
- Organise routine servicing schedules
- Check and calibrate instruments to make sure they are accurate
- Fit new parts
- Respond immediately to equipment breakdowns
- Keep production managers informed of progress
- Organise teams to make sure 24-hour cover is available
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Oil and clean machinery and parts
- Overhaul and replace parts according to schedule
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good practical and technical skills
- Ability in maths, science and IT
- Communication skills
- An understanding of engineering drawings and principles
- The ability to work quickly and under pressure
- The ability to manage a varied workload
- Good problem-solving skills
- The initiative to work on your own or as part of a team
- An awareness of health and safety legislation
A full clean driving licence is desirable.
Salary Range: £18,985 to £24,085 per annum plus overtime and shift allowance.
Please apply at marineharvest.com/people by 31st December 2017.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.