Responsible for the installation and testing of mechanical and electronic devices, inspecting and adjusting functions of equipment, scheduling maintenance, and giving reports on functioning or conditions of machines and equipment.
- Organise routine servicing schedules
- Check and calibrate instruments to make sure they are accurate
- Fit new parts
- Respond immediately to equipment breakdowns
- Keep production managers informed of progress
- Organise teams to make sure 24-hour cover is available
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Oil and clean machinery and parts
- Overhaul and replace parts according to schedule
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good practical and technical skills
- Ability in maths, science and IT
- Communication skills
- An understanding of engineering drawings and principles
- The ability to work quickly and under pressure
- The ability to manage a varied workload
- Good problem-solving skills
- The initiative to work on your own or as part of a team
- An awareness of health and safety legislation
A full clean driving licence is desirable.
Salary Range: £18,985 to £24,085 per annum plus overtime and shift allowance.
Please apply at marineharvest.com/people by 31st December 2017.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.