A vacancy has arisen for a Landscape Operative to join Aberdeenshire Council on a permanent basis. You will be involved in all aspects of landscape maintenance including grave digging operations as required. Duties are of a general nature, providing support and assistance to other operatives and include use of equipment such as ride on mowers pedestrian mowers, strimmers, etc.
As an employee you act as a representative for the Council when interfacing with members of the public and will do so in a polite, courteous and friendly manner.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of 1 reference. One of these must be your current or most recent employer
Informal Enquiries to: Neil West 07879435833Responsibilities
Undertake all duties involved in the general maintenance of public parks, soft/hard landscaped areas, sports pitches, burial grounds and other open spaces in your designated area, also assist in all aspects of the burial service, including grave digging operations as required.
Duties are of a general nature, providing support and assistance to other operatives and include use of equipment and machinery as required.
As an employee you act as a representative for the Council when interfacing with members of the public and will do so in a polite, courteous and friendly
• Work in public parks, playing fields, landscaped areas and similar open spaces to undertake grass cutting, hedge trimming, clearing leaves, litter collection, planting, pruning, seeding and other such duties. Assist others carrying out landscaping and grave digging works.
• The post involves undertaking duties on construction sites, adjacent to public roads and in depots and workshops
• Clean up and tidy any spillage that occurs during the performance of duties in order to avoid any loss or damage.
• Operate equipment and machinery required to carry out your duties after appropriate training & Ensure such equipment/machinery is treated with due care and attention.
• Willingness to participate in all required training programmes
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Responsible attitude to safety procedures
• Willingness to participate in aspects of gravedigging operations
• Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Broad range of horticultural experience including landscaping
• Experience of outdoor manual working
• Driving licence BE or D1E to tow trailers
• Horticulture/Agriculture Certification – SVQ 2
• Certificate of competence in the application of pesticides
• Experience in the use of machinery
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• A responsible attitude towards work and colleagues
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk