We are looking to recruit an experienced/Chartered Civil Engineer to work with our trunk roads team in our Glasgow Office. The successful candidate will undertake the role of Landowner and Liaison Manager for a major Trunk Road project and will have opportunities to assist on other related aspects of project delivery and management.
- Consulting with landowners and their agents on the developing project and develop their requirements for accommodation works.
- Managing issues regarding landowners arising from the project.
- Assisting in liaisons with Client, Local Authorities, Utility suppliers and other stakeholders including the general public.
- Maintaining accurate records of discussions and agreements.
- Liaising with engineering and environmental teams on issues arising.
- Assisting in the development of accommodation works designs and engineering details.
- Procurement of surveys.
- Consideration of buildability matters
- Reporting to Management team on progress.
- Providing other support to the team.
- Assisting in report writing for wider scheme aspects.
Qualifications / Experience:
- The candidate should be a Chartered Civil Engineer, or have equivalent qualifications and at least ten years’ experience in roads/bridge engineering.
- The candidate should have experience in undertaking a similar client or third party liaison role.
- Good communication skills – oral and written, and to be able to consult across all levels.
- A knowledge and experience of applying road design standards and specifications.
- Knowledge and experience of Trunk Road promotion and procurement processes.
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to working within a team structure.
- Confidence and ability to maximise the level of responsibility taken on projects.
- Ability to take initiative and manage own workload/deadlines.
The role offers excellent long term career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.