- Sector: Engineering and Technical
- Specialism: Water
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 4np6k
There is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Civil / Water Engineer with several years post- qualification experience to join our Water Services team in Glasgow. The successful candidate will join an established team working on water related projects, across a wide range of projects including: trunk road drainage and SuDS design; river engineering; flood studies and flood protection; dams and reservoir remedial works; municipal water supply and wastewater (sewerage); renewables and hydro-power.
- Client liaison
- Project management
- Managing input from junior engineers and technicians
- Leading projects and/or work packages
- Providing sound technical leadership to junior staff
- Liaison with statutory bodies and consenting
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- First degree in Civil Engineering and ideally a relevant Masters degree
- Chartered/Incorporated Engineer status or equivalent
- Around 10 years’ post-graduate experience in water engineering
- Strong report writing, communication and numerical skills
- Excellent technical skills in delivery of engineering solutions to water related problems
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for water and drainage works
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to working within a team structure
- Confidence and ability to take responsibility for project delivery
- Good experience in at least one or preferably more of the type of projects listed above.
The position offers an excellent opportunity for career progression within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers with a clear vision for innovation. The position also offers a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefit package.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.