Due to a healthy forward workload and a strategy for growth across the Firm, we are currently looking to appoint a Regional/Technical Director to our long established Edinburgh office. The successful candidate will have an unparalleled opportunity to work directly with, and support, the Office Partner in the delivery of a variety of projects spanning the retail, residential, commercial and industrial sectors. The role offers the opportunity for further early career progression within the organisation.
- Provide structural engineering leadership across Building Structures, Infrastructure, Geotechnical and Transportation sectors. A broad knowledge of civil engineering would be of benefit.
- Liaise with design team leaders to deliver coordinated design solutions that meet the Client’s objectives.
- Prepare and review high quality service proposals for multi-disciplinary projects.
- Ensure that quality and consistency of technical output (drawings, reports etc) is maintained.
- Support the Office Partner in delivery of business development activities, staff focused career development, project performance monitoring, client management and general office organisational matters.
The role also has key business management and development functions which will require the Regional/Technical Director to;
- Develop and expand our private and public sector client base across central Scotland – this is a key requirement for this position and previous demonstrable experience will be required
- Manage and report on the financial performance of the team
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- First degree in Civil / Structural Engineering.
- Chartered status (MICE or MIStructE).
- SER Certifier
- Extensive experience in design delivery in the civil and structural markets in Scotland.
- Knowledge of delivering such services from within the private sector.
- Excellent report writing, communication and numerical skills required along with
business management experience.
- Proven track record in business development, including the development of high quality tender submissions.
The position would be ideally suited to a candidate currently at Principal or Associate level looking for their next career step. The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.