- Sector: Engineering and Technical
- Specialism: Environmental
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: ebjms
We are currently seeking an ambitious and dynamic individual to join our Geotechnical and Environmental team in Glasgow. The successful applicant will be experienced in the areas of geo-environmental site investigation and assessment, remediation and reclamation design, contract management, design implementation and validation. Experience in waste management and landfill engineering would be beneficial, but not essential. The ability to rapidly assimilate site data and provide robust, pragmatic advice pertinent to the clients’ needs is crucial.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities
The successful candidate will have opportunities to develop and grow the environmental business in Central Scotland. Therefore, the successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated and dynamic with excellent verbal and written communication ability together with the following key skills:
- Design and implementation of Preliminary Risk Assessments and Intrusive Ground Investigations including soil and rock logging, soil and groundwater sampling and in-situ testing.
- High level understanding of contaminated land legislation and the planning regime as well as ability to provide clear and valued commercial advice understanding individual Client and project needs.
- Interpretative report writing including undertaking human health risk and groundwater assessment utilising CLEA, ConSim, RBCA, SNIFFER, BP RISC and EA Remedial Targets for Hydrogeological Risk Assessment.
- Contaminated land remedial works – outline design and specification.
- Preparation of detailed design of contaminated land earthworks and remediation schemes.
Qualifications / Experience
- Experienced team player, looking to take the next step.
- Good client facing skills are essential.
- A BSc or BEng in a relevant Geological or Environmental Discipline and MSc in related subject an advantage.
- Undertaking preliminary geotechnical assessments such as basic foundation designs is seen as an advantage.
- A strong sense of customer service and focus; excellent organisational skills with flexible attitude to time management, travelling, office based and site works; ability to work consistently and methodically under pressure, meet deadlines and achieve goals.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
Contact Alan Blair in the first instance