Edinburgh and Glasgow
Due to a healthy forward workload, we are currently looking to appoint a Chartered or Incorporated Civil Engineer to join the Edinburgh Office, and in particular our trunk roads team. The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work on a variety of major infrastructure projects, including our recent appointment for design development for the dualling of the A9.
- Responsible to the Roads Team Leader (Technical Director) for the production of the development, assessment and reporting of scheme option and preferred route development through DMRB stages and through subsequent statutory process and procurement stages.
- Development, assessment and reporting of scheme options to preferred and conceptual stages in accordance with DMRB.
- Production of road designs incorporating environmental mitigation measures
- Preparation of statutory orders.
- Procurement of external surveys and services.
- Reviewing designs and drawings completed by team members or other parties for compliance with design standards and best practice guidance.
- Prepare high quality technical reports, and ensure that quality and consistency of technical output (drawings, reports etc) is maintained
- Deliver work in compliance with Health and Safety legislation such as the CDM Regulations and other applicable codes.
- Providing support to the Technical Director and other colleagues.
- Mentoring and guiding less experienced colleagues.
- Liaison with Clients, Local and Trunk Road Authorities, and other relevant third parties to achieve a coordinated design solution that meets the Clients objectives.
- Project management and financial reporting
Qualifications / Experience
- Chartered or Incorporated Civil Engineer with extensive experience of road design and specification to the DMRB and the Specification for Highway Works.
- Experience in traffic modelling and all aspects of computer aided highway design.
- Experience in the preparation and publication of draft road and compulsory purchase orders.
- Experience in preparing procurement and contract documents for innovative forms of contract for major road schemes.
The role offers a senior opportunity to lead in the development of design solutions on a large portfolio of trunk road projects, and to work within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and a clear vision for innovation. Benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
To apply for this position, send your CV to stating the position you are applying for.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.