- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: EUR0132C
A Great Opportunity with Hilton!
The Senior Manager for UK Performance Governance will assume responsibility for leading the day to day activities of the Governance function within Hilton's UK Centre of Excellence. They will support the development and implementation of Governance strategy for Hilton within the UK.
The ability to support successful Change Management programmes is considered essential to the success of the role, as is the effective interaction with the team and management of relationships with 3rd parties.
Under the direction and guidance of the Director of Governance, you will be charged with inputting on current best practice, which can be expected to be delivered by an upper quartile Accounting operation. They will assist in supporting the delivery of strategies, supporting Hilton's Centre of Excellence delivery of a seamless, efficient and customer focused experience, which maximises on output without compromising the quality of service.
Key to the success of the role will be the ability to communicate and influence at all levels, both internally and with external stakeholders, and with the ability to build and maintain strong business and 3rd party relationships. Awareness of projects and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and deliver to tight deadlines are considered essential elements of this role. The post holder will possess the capacity to effectively contribute towards a strong customer-focused ethos whilst supporting the need for maintenance of a robust control environment.
The post holder will assume day to day responsibility for delivering the governance metrics in the UK Centres of Excellence (Glasgow & Watford), working with the teams to support the promotion of a sense of empowerment in the pursuit of first class service delivery. The person will drive delivery of Governance strategies and tightly manage the deliverables on a day-to-day basis; this will require a meticulous attention to detail, the ability to accurately interpret key business drivers within the Accounting arena and to recommend appropriate action where necessary. They will also support the Centre of Excellence in the interpretation and application of Service Level Agreements (SLA's), providing input to support development, refinement and ongoing monitoring ensuring that agreed service delivery metrics are met /exceeded
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it's with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
* Support the implementation of strategy, goals, key initiatives and priorities for the function.
* Plan the Governance workloads and priorities, ensuring all key tasks are completed to scheduled timelines and checklists are updated accordingly.
* Influence and motivate the team, in the delivery of data and information to support the generation of agreed metrics in the most efficient and effective way.
* Maintain and revise, where applicable, all documentation in line with the organisation SOX compliance routines and deliverables.
* Project Lead / Support for Governance projects as required, driving change management related activities initiated by leadership
* Implement and manage function processes to ensure strategy and goals are achieved.
* Coordinate with third-party service providers to ensure all necessary information is compiled and reviewed, where necessary, for the specific activities associated with operating a successful Accounting function.
* Serve as liaison for maintaining client & stakeholder relationships, resolving their concerns, and escalating to leadership if necessary.
Controlling & Coordinating Activities
* Evaluate the effectiveness of current processes, recommend and implement actions to streamline the processes and maximize efficiency.
* Support the transition of finance and accounting processes to CoE and Service Provider
* Develop deep understanding of Service Provider contract and ensure obligations are met
* Maintain Service Provider relationship
* Work with the Service Provider Account Manager to progress the goals and objectives of the arrangement
* Review, monitor and report out on contract compliance
* Review, monitor and report out on performance on internal and external HAFS operations
* Review escalated issues and facilitate resolution as needed
* Identify and resolve service quality issues at Service Provider
* Oversee completion, agreement and maintenance of CoE metrics and Service Provider SLAs
* Identify and handle scope issues
* Support benchmarking studies and implementing continuous improvement
* Through the use of effective metrics and robust analysis, support global business process standardization
* Gather and communicate business needs to CoE and Service Provider
* Support other functions in the provision of data and reports as requested.
* Support the business in CoE and 3rd party transition activities, devising a checklist process to support the team's deliverables.
* Provide support to the Centre of Excellence Management team as required.
* Support the wider organisation to ensure that their objectives are successfully delivered.
* Effectively represent the Centre of Excellence operation within the wider Hilton organisation and externally
What are we looking for?
* Proven ability to work with minimal supervision, using own initiative whilst thriving in a fast paced and pressured environment, being able to handle multiple demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities.
* Capacity to perceive the impact and implications of decisions and activities on other parts of the organisation.
* Superior numeracy and analytical skills with some understanding of finance and accounting environments.
* Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others, as well as support development in this area with direct reports and other team members.
* Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement all elements required for team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals.
* Good project management skills, including the ability to manage details through to completion and ensure project deadlines are met.
* A motivated and enthusiastic team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Experience communicating and negotiating with all levels of management and external customers.
* Committed to customer service with the ability to build, manage and maintain relationships at all levels within the organisation, projecting a hospitable service atmosphere at all times.
* Proficient in MS Office products and with the ability to quickly learn new programmes when required.
* Previous experience of working within a Shared Services / Centre of Excellence environment.
* Hospitality industry experience.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
* BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree or experience in lieu thereof
* Supervisory experience
* MS/MA/Master's Degree
* Accounting Certification/Qualification
* Managerial experience
Please note regular international travel may be required
Check Out Similar Jobs
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.