- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Specialism: Bar and Pub Management
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: HOT04E0C
beGIN, our stylish new gin bar in Glasgow's West end, features over 60 gins from around the world, along with a mix of innovative cocktails, unique craft beers and a large selection of traditional beers, wines and spirits.
Our unique atmosphere, reminiscent of the American prohibition era, with a choice of semi-private booths, leather sofas and tables is a major destination bar in both the West End of Glasgow & the City.
Our new Assistant Bar Manager will embody this business, with a focus on revenue management, marketing, team development & a focus on personal development. Strong leadership capabilities will need to be evident and a passion for creating & fostering a true culture within the outlet.
Previous experience in a similar environment in a high end, High Street or Hotel destination Bar is required for this role as we'll want to look at your previous successes at this level.
What will I be doing?
- Check that Guest service standards are set, implemented and monitored, and continuously evaluated
- Comply with licensing regulations and hotel procedures relating to the bar and service of alcoholic beverages and conduct staff training sessions accordingly
- Demonstrate a perfect knowledge of all beverages served in the bar, how beverages are prepared (to recipe) and presented, and how Bar personnel are trained to possesss this knowledge and the application of it
- Ensure all Team Members are impeccably presented and adhere to the correct uniform standards
- Evaluate the performance of the Team ensuring the highest standards of service are given at all times
- Ensure all Team Members receive an annual and interim appraisal and any other appropriate performance feedback in a timely manner
- Ensure all staff members have a Personal Development Plan that details and actively encourages use of Hilton University and the Hotel training Calendar
- Ensure an appropriate delegation structure is in place
- Complete all necessary administration in accordance with Company procedures relating to all staff members
- Produce effective revenue forecasting, as per timelines
- Maximise revenue and increase average spend per person through upselling, high customer service standards, effective training and motivational techniques
- Work with Food and Beverage Cost Control to ensure stock takes are carried out in a timely manner and to ensure food and beverage cost control targets are maintained
- Meet or exceed the monthly drink profit margin target
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Destination Bar experience
- Great personality, presence and attentive
- An ability to listen and respond to demanding Guest needs
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of Guest service
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Committed to delivering high levels of service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- A good level of IT proficiency is required
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its . Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Check Out Similar Jobs
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.