- Sector: Engineering and Technical
- Specialism: Engineering Management
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 4b176
We are looking to recruit an experienced Chartered Civil Engineer with strong engineering experience and positive and practical approach to solving engineering challenges. The successful candidate will be a key member of our Civils team with the opportunity to work on a variety of transportation and infrastructure projects including railway stations and bridges; ports and harbours; wind farms and roads projects. The role requires someone who can take responsibility work from feasibility studies to detailed design working in partnership with an implementing contractor.
- Provide leadership to a project design team providing support, mentoring and guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Take ownership and pride in the work being delivered by the team.
- Bring original thought and challenge to engineering problems.
- Design steel, concrete and masonry structures to current standards.
- Carry our and oversee finite element analysis using LUSAS or Midas.
- Review documents, designs and drawings completed by team to ensure consistent high quality and compliance with design standards, industry best practice, contractual obligations and client expectations.
- Deliver work in compliance with Health and Safety legislation and Quality Management procedures.
- Liaison with Clients and stakeholders and other relevant third parties
Internal project and programme management and reporting.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Chartered or Incorportated Engineer (MICE).
- A proven ability to lead a project team, and to mentor, encourage, support and lead less experienced team members.
- Strong experience in the investigation, assessment and design of a range of civil engineering projects of the nature found in the UK with a focus on bridges and structures.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Track record in developing and maintaining relationships with clients and project stakeholders.
- Ability to take initiative and manage own workload/ deadlines.
The role offers a senior opportunity to provide design solutions on a large portfolio of projects, and to work within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients. We have a clear vision for innovation and engineering excellence. Benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
To apply for this position, send you CV marked for the attention of Colin Clark to stating the position you are applying for.