We’re looking to build a friendly and pro-active team to create and serve quality food and drinks prepared to exacting standards. We’re seeking hard-working individuals to be part of our front-of-house team.
You’ll be a passionate about 'real' food, speciality coffee and loose leaf tea. You’ll ideally have a minimum of 1 years’ experience working as a Barista and/or cafe worker. You’ll share all cafe duties with others and get involved in any task associated with running a busy cafe. You’ll be the first point of contact for our varied customer base; delivering first rate, efficient and friendly customer service.
You’ll prepare and serve a range of food and drinks including delicious sandwiches, hot meals, coffees and loose-leaf teas. Although previous cafe/barista experience is desirable, a demonstrable interest in the job, the right attitude and willingness to learn how to do things to a high standard is also important to us. In return, we will create a positive and vibrant environment where you’ll relish coming to work each day.
You’ll work closely with the rest of the team to ensure the smooth operation of the Cafe in accordance with our policies. You’ll be proud of ORIGIN’s pioneering and environmentally responsible offering in the Highlands, and will present our vegan business in a positive and enthusiastic manner to all our customers.
- Give a personal and warm interaction with every customer
- Serve customers with a friendliness, respect and efficiency that surpasses their expectations
- Ensure the cafe is fit for service in respect of both food prep and appropriate hygiene standards at all times and leave it in the condition you like to find it at the start of your shift
- Ensure that food and drink is stored, prepared and presented according to health and safety legislation and cafe standards at all times
- Prepare hot drinks including espresso-based coffees and loose leaf teas to perfecting standards in accordance with cafe training
- Champion our home made food and serve it with care, avoiding food waste
- Use and maintain cafe equipment correctly and safely at all times and in accordance with relevant cafe policies
- Cash handling and using a till for accurate record keeping and security
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Customer service experience
- Experience working in a cafe including preparing (ideally plant based) food and achieving high levels of cleanliness
- Barista trained with 1 year’s experience
- Current Food Hygiene certificate
- Warm, genuine people manner
- Be positive and have a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to multi-task well
- Attention to process, detail and quality
- Great communication skills
- Passion for implementing environmentally friendly practices in the workplace
- Ability to work quickly and well under pressure, without supervision
- Happy to work weekends and some early mornings
- Willingness to learn, be flexible, pitch-in and embrace change
- Ability to work well alone as well as in a team
- Interest in speciality coffees and teas
- A passion for organic vegetables and ‘real’ food
- Fluent English speaker, ability to speak another language a benefit.
What we will offer you:
- A positive and empowering working environment
- Holiday pay and generous staff discount
- Access to occupational training dependent on commitment
- A job, surrounded by mountains, Winter sports, mountain biking, trad climbing and hiking!
- The opportunity to become a pioneer of plant based food and drink in the Scottish Highlands
To apply, please include your CV and a covering letter detailing how you fit the bill.
Closing date is Sunday 3rd December. Interviews will be held week commencing 11th December.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.