- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Specialism: Chefs and Cooks
- Location: Fort William
- £8 to £8.75 per hour GBP 8
- Hours: Full Time Contract
- Contact: Deanna Laforet
- Reference: ORIG2
We’re looking to build a friendly and pro-active team to create and serve quality food and drinks prepared to exacting standards. We’re seeking hard-working individuals to be part of our kitchen team. Both part time and full time positions available.
You’ll be a passionate about vegan cuisine, yummy flavours and cooking from scratch to create delicious seasonal meals and baked goods including breads, cakes, soups and hot meals. There will be days you are solely responsible for the kitchen, including all food preparation and cleaning. Previous professional kitchen/food experience is desirable although not essential; an interest in the job, thinking on your feet and the right attitude is more important. Training will be provided.
Initially, most cooking will be crafted using carefully tried and tested cafe recipes but there may be scope for you to create your own dishes. You'll work closely with the rest of the cafe team to ensure the smooth operation of the cafe in accordance with our policies. You'll be willing to work weekends and some early mornings.
You’ll be proud of ORIGIN’s pioneering and environmentally responsible offering in the Highlands, and will help inspire customers through the food you create. In return, we will create a positive and vibrant environment where you’ll relish coming to work each day.
- Prepare and cook a range of plant-based dishes from scratch including breads, cakes, soups, salads, sandwich fillings and hot meals
- Review and decide on dishes and quantities to prepare each day; ensuring there is sufficient quantity and variety for customers, but not creating unnecessary food waste
- Ensure that the kitchen is fit for purpose in respect of both food prep and appropriate hygiene standards at all times and leave it in the condition you like to find it at the start of your shift
- Ensure that, food and drink is stored, prepared and presented according to health and safety legislation and cafe standards at all times
- Accept and check deliveries from suppliers
- Contribute to cleaning and maintenance of general cafe space
- Utilise and maintain cafe equipment correctly and safely at all times and in accordance with relevant cafe policies
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Current Food Hygiene certificate and knowledge of Cooksafe
- Experience working in a commercial kitchen or cafe including preparing vegan food and achieving high levels of cleanliness
- Experience baking breads and cakes
- Passion for great food and flavours
- Have a flair for cooking with vegetables!
- Interest in plant-based, organic and ‘real’ food
- Interest in nutrition
- Ability to multi-task well
- Attention to process, detail and quality
- Ability to work quickly and well under pressure, without supervision
- Happy to work weekends and some early mornings
- Be positive and have a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Great communication skills
- Willingness to learn, be flexible, pitch-in and embrace change
- Ability to work well alone as well as in a team
- Passion for implementing environmentally friendly practices in the workplace
What we will offer you:
- A positive and empowering working environment
- Holiday pay and generous staff discount
- Access to occupational training dependent on commitment
- The opportunity to become a pioneer of plant based food and drinks in the Scottish Highlands
- A job surrounded by mountains, Winter sports, mountain biking, trad climbing and hiking!
To apply, please include your CV and a covering letter saying how you fit the bill.
Closing date Sunday 3rd December. Interviews will be held week commencing 11th December.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.