- Sector: Engineering and Technical
- Specialism: Structural
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: u7jxx
Due to a healthy forward workload, we are currently looking to appoint a Structural Engineer to join the Edinburgh office. The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work on a variety of projects spanning the commercial, retail, residential and industrial sectors.
- Structural engineering assessment and inspection of new and existing properties in steel, concrete, masonry and timber.
- Prepare high quality technical reports inc dilapidation reports and due diligence structural surveys.
- Undertake analysis and design using a range of software packages, including CSC Fastrak, TEDDS to back up reporting tasks.
- Ensure that quality and consistency of technical output (drawings, reports etc) is maintained.
- Liaise with and lead other members of the design team to achieve a coordinated design solution that meets the Clients objectives.
- Leading small to medium refurbishment and building extension projects.
- First degree in Civil / Structural Engineering essential.
- Chartered or near Chartered status (MICE or MIStructE).
- Varied experience in all the common forms of construction and building types.
- Experience of listed and historic buildings would be an advantage.
- Experience of assessing existing structures is crucial.
- Excellent report writing, communication and numerical skills required.
- Experience of structural analysis design and analysis software essential.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a rapidly expanding, friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
To apply for this position, send your CV to stating the position you are applying for.