We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic individual with a passion for teaching who is keen to pass on their knowledge to our Science students. The curriculum covers National Certificate Level 5 through to HND level and teaching duties will be across this range and will include theoretical aspects of chemistry in addition to analytical science. Ability to teach a second science would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate should be qualified to degree (or equivalent) level in a relevant subject area and have suitable and up to date vocational experience.
Expertise and practical skills in the following methods will be essential:
• Spectroscopic analysis (UV/Vis, AAS, FTIR)
• Chromatographic analysis (HPLC/GC)
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are key aspects of the role, together with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with students and colleagues. Teaching experience is not essential but the successful candidate will have the opportunity to study for a teaching qualification.
While the position is primarily based at our Aberdeen City Campus, it is expected that teaching at other sites may also be required.Person Specification
(criteria marked * are desirable, all others are essential)
1. Working knowledge of chemistry and analytical instrumentation
2. Good communication skills
3. Good presentation skills
4. Good interpersonal skills
5. Good organisational skills
6. Ability to develop and use appropriate learning/teaching/training materials
7. Computer literate
8. * Knowledge and/or experience of the use of electronic learning materials
1. Degree or equivalent qualification in chemistry or a related science
2. Up to date experience in chemistry
3. Up to date experience in analytical instrumentation (spectroscopy and chromatography)
4. *Qualification and/or experience in a second science discipline
5. * Teaching or training experience
6. * Teaching qualification (TQFE or equivalent)
7. * Assessment experience
8. * Assessment qualification
9. * ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence)
10. * GTC registration
1. Effective team player who actively supports others
2. Builds and maintains effective relationships with students and colleagues
3. Prioritises work effectively
4. Meets deadlines
5. Personally well-organised
1. Evidence of commitment to equal opportunities
2. Own practice reflects good health and safety practice
3. Has undertaken mandatory staff development (if internal candidate)
4. Evidence of commitment to continuing professional development
5. *Driving Licence and willingness to use own vehicle for business purposes.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.