- Sector: Social Services, Housing and Childcare
- Location: Ardgour
- From £16,500 per annum, Fully furnished flat worth £600 per month GBP 16500
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Roberta McKay
- Reference: PW2017
To provide the highest quality holiday experience in a safe and secure environment for groups of children living in Scotland who have no other chance of a respite break.
Ardvullin, HopScotch’s Respite Centre, Ardgour, and other local venues
£16,500 per annum plus accommodation package to the value of £600 per month.
To lead the provision of high quality respite breaks for groups of children and young people attending a HopScotch break.
Work collaboratively with user organisation staff.
Plan each day’s activities with user organisation staff.
Drive, guide and inform groups on daily activities.
Identify and promote activities which will engage children and young people.
Ensure activities comply with HopScotch’s aims.
Ensure children and group staff adhere to HopScotch’s procedures.
Engage with and support children and young people on daily activities.
Provide feedback to HopScotch Committee and staff as appropriate.
Represent HopScotch to the public during activities.
To adhere to current policy and practice in all aspects of HopScotch’s work, including Child Protection, Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities.
Produce reports and updates including contributing to evaluations and reviews.
Understand fire safety regulations, Health and Safety regulations, emergency procedures and the rules for evacuating a building.
Complete accident/incident/near miss forms when applicable.
Produce and adapt risk assessments when required.
To take part in training deemed necessary by the current requirements of HopScotch.
Carry out a variety of weekly health and safety checks and records.
Ongoing maintenance of HopScotch’s outdoor equipment and clothing.
Organise equipment replacement.
Carry out maintenance and caretaking duties at Ardvullin as required.
To contribute to the effective administration of HopScotch, where appropriate.
To undertake any other duties which may be required.
- A qualification in youth work, community education or related discipline. Desirable.
- Experience of working directly with children and young people. Essential.
- Experience of working with children with additional support needs. Desirable.
- Ability to engage with children and young people across a range of activities/situations. Essential.
- Ability to adapt and respond to a variety of situations and people to meet changing priorities. Essential.
- Effective written and verbal reporting skills. Good level of organisational and administrative skills. Essential.
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with a wide range of people and to work as part of a team. - Essential.
- Ability to work and maintain effective and supportive relationships with children, young people and their carers. Essential.
- Ability to work flexible hours in line with requirements. Available to work unsocial hours when required, and to working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. Essential.
- Full UK driving licence. Essential.
- PCV training or D1 entitlement. Desirable.
- MBLA Trail Cycle Leader qualification. Desirable.
- Lifesaving qualification. Desirable.
- Commitment to confidentiality in relation to children and young people. Essential.
- Awareness of personal responsibility in relation to health and safety. Essential.
- Ability to work independently and use initiative within HopScotch policy and practice. Essential.
- Ability to use computers. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, and Desktop
- Non-judgemental and an understanding and commitment to the principles of equal opportunities. Essential.
- Experience of working in a disadvantaged area with children and young people who have experienced disadvantage/poverty. Desirable.
- First Aid Qualification. Desirable.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.