Marine Harvest Fish Feed (MHFF) is one of the newest divisions within Marine Harvest. Having started manufacturing in June 2014, MHFF has quickly established itself as a competitive supplier of salmon feed playing a key role in supporting Marine Harvest Farming Operations in its delivery of high quality, nutritious, safe and profitable salmon.
In February 2017, permission to open a second fish feed plant on the Isle of Skye in Scotland was granted. This second plant which will open in late summer 2018 will manufacture a broad portfolio of conventional and organic feeds for both fresh and seawater phases of salmon growth in Scotland, Ireland, Faeroes and in Norway.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Production Manager. The primary focus of the role will be the day to day management of production, ensuring control and development of people and production functions. This will also include compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Oversee the production of feed to ensure consistency and quality standards are met and that all processes are running efficiently and output is consistent with production plans
- Oversee the production of feed to ensure yield targets are met
- Provide leadership, development and supervision for production employees
- Manage costs and budgets associated with production
- Participate in personnel selection and training of new employees
- Ensure all safety protocols are adhered to and advocate a safe work environment
Investigate customer complaints
- Contribute to lean manufacturing and continuous improvement projects
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in a production or manufacturing management role in a relevant sector
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to motivate employees
- Excellent organisation/prioritisation skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of health & safety protocols
The post will attract a highly competitive remuneration package which will include a relocation allowance. A full clean driving licence is desirable.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements and are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Informal enquiries can be directed to the Human Resources Department.
If you wish to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV to our MHS People website by 31 December 2017. Alternatively, if you do not have access to the internet, please apply in writing to the Human Resources Department, Stob Ban House, Glen Nevis Business Park, Fort William, PH33 6RX.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.