- Sector: HR, Training and Recruitment
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 252978
Software Quality Test Engineer
Barrachd means “more” in Gaelic and is a team within Capita's Digital and Software Solutions division that together makes up the second largest software company in the UK. Barrachd provides software products and analytical services to a wide variety of customers in the UK and beyond. The team is just starting a new and exciting project in the Financial Services market and is looking to increase and mature its Edinburgh based product development team.
A Test Engineer / Analyst is needed to join a rapidly growing technology service based in Edinburgh. This is a unique opportunity for a QA Test Engineer to take ownership of the test function whilst assisting in the development of critical business systems.
Working in an Agile environment the QA Test Engineer will be responsible for defining and implementing the QA strategy that ensures the platforms features are developed to meet the specified functional, performance, security and reliability requirements. This pivotal role will see you writing test scripts, designing and implementing test processes, automating tests (where possible) and managing their continued improvement to deliver scalable, maintainable and defect free features.
- Analyse test requirements, and design and execute tests
- Typical tests may include system testing, user acceptance testing, performance testing, technical architecture testing, security testing and test automation
- Develop, update and maintain testing standards and procedures
- Record problems and issues in accordance with the project's problem and issue management plans
- Work with the application team and/or client to resolve any issues that arise in the testing process
Experience and Skills
- Experience working in a similar QA Testing role in an agile environment
- Experience with the full end to end cycle of testing, writing test scripts, automating and executing tests, as well as control over environment management
- The ability to develop automated testing using tools i.e. Selenium, Cucumber or Protractor
- The ability to apply behaviour driven testing (BDD) or Test Driven Development (TDD) approaches
- Experience across testing layers - manual, UI, service, unit
- The ability to act as the point of contact for all QA aspects of a release
- The ability to multitask and problem solve
- Excellent attention to detail with excellent written / verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
This is a fantastic opportunity for a QA Test Engineer to join a fantastic technical services company who really believes in supporting their employees and providing a great place to work. We'll offer a competitive salary, fantastic support from being part of a small friendly team while being part of one of the UK's largest plc's, you will benefit from a whole load of extras, including a pension scheme, share save scheme, private healthcare and a range of optional benefits.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.