CAD Technician - Edinburgh, EH3 8FJ
We are currently seeking a CAD Technician to join our Edinburgh based industrial projects engineering design and delivery team.
- A degree in a relevant technical subject or a HNC, HND in Mechanical, Structural Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D and 3D design software (detailed design).
- Able to generate layout drawings from sketches and specifications.
- Familiar with design parameters.
- Experience in equipment layout for industrial construction projects.
- Knowledgeable of standard drafting practices and procedures.
- Basic health safety and environment awareness.
CAD Technicians are responsible for preparing and updating a variety of design drawings, detailed by Engineers/Designers, and to support in improving overall CAD Section performance, effectiveness, responsiveness, quality etc. CAD Technicians are also responsible for drafting installation drawings, assembly/manufacturing drawings and establishing guidelines and procedures for CAD data management.
What you will do…
Creation/Revision of AutoCAD Drawings:
- Electrical and Instrumental Schematics.
- Equipment and Building Layouts.
- Assemblies and General Arrangement Drawings.
- Mechanical Detail Drawings.
- Piping Layouts and ISOs.
- Basic 3D Modelling.
QA Procurement and Standards:
- Checking of Drawings
- Ensuring all drawings are completed to PROjEN/Client standards as applicable.
- Communication skills.
- High accuracy and attention to detail.
- Commercial awareness.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, efficiently schedule and manage time.
- Capable of working to and achieving targets.
PROjEN is a division of Capita's property and infrastructure business. They provide Engineering Project Management and Project Consultancy Services incorporating all elements of a project lifecycle including feasibility studies, capital justifications, front-end engineering and detailed design, right through to full turnkey project completion. Our core clients operate within the Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Oil & Gas and BioEnergy sectors. The diversity of our clients' markets and the size of the projects that PROjEN are asked to undertake means that our Engineers have the opportunity to experience a variety of projects and use both established and developing technologies and methods.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.