HMP Addiewell are recruiting for a Cleaner.
We are now recruiting for a cleaner. You will perform cleaning of public areas, communal areas, stairwells, and offices within identified area of the prison in accordance with a pre-determined cleaning schedule.
HM Prison Addiewell is a high security prison, with a focus on enabling those in its care to change their life pathway. We have a strong and concerted focus on supporting prisoners to address their offending behaviour through delivery of programmes and working with a range of professionals including prison custody officers. We deliver relevant skills via training and employment and work with all areas of the wider community to ensure that prisoners have the best possible chance of leading positive lives following release.
We have an effective prisoner peer support model, in which prisoners assist staff in the delivery of classes, programmes and activities becoming positive role models for others.
Addiewell opened in 2008 and has become an integral part of the Scottish Prison Service estate earning much praise for our innovation, use of technology, strong partnership working as well as our “can do” culture.
- Perform cleaning of public areas, communal areas, stairwells and offices within identified area of prison in accordance with a pre-determined cleaning schedule, as well as ad-hoc special requests where relevant
- Empty waste receptacles daily and dispose of rubbish to a designated area within the internal waste management process
- Wash, dust, vacuum floors , clean walls, doors, windows and fixtures of all identified areas
- Ensure appropriate signage and approved cleaning practices are used and are visible where necessary at all times
- Ensure Health and Safety Requirements are met
- Ensure all stock is replenished in your areas of responsibility
The Ideal Candidate
- Have previous experience of industrial/office cleaning
- Be a focused and dynamic team player who can adapt rapidly to changing priorities
- Knowledge of BICS/CPSS/Bio Hazard cleaning is desirable
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with ability to work under pressure
- Experience of working to a cleaning schedule
£14,625 per annum plus excellent benefits (including free meals and parking, group discount schemes and pension with 28 days holiday)
About the Company
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.