- Sector: Social Services, Housing and Childcare
- Location: Highland
- Excellent development opportunities GBP 9
- Hours: Part Time Casual
- Contact: Ypeople Recruitment
- Reference: HRO
JOB TITLE: Casual Development Worker
PROJECT: Highland Reach Out (Housing Support Services)
LOCATION: Sutherland area or Skye and Wester Ross area (with travel throughout the chosen area)
SALARY: £8.86 per hour
Ypeople is an independent Charity which delivers support services to vulnerable people helping them to adapt to change and to improve their quality of life.
Ypeople Highland Reach Out is a community-based outreach housing support service, available to people in the Highland Council area. Support is delivered to adults (age 16+) who are living in their own or temporary (including bed and breakfast) accommodation.
This service aims to reduce the levels of homelessness and repeat homelessness, and enable individuals to live independently in permanent accommodation.
We help with:
• Tenancy set up support, including access to furniture, Universal Credit, establishing utilities, budgeting, and tenancy responsibilities
• Support to maximise income
• Support and advice, on the safety, security and general maintenance of the property.
• Signposting to other appropriate agencies such as health services, money advice services and other support agencies.
• Signposting to access education and employment opportunities
• General advice and liaising on any housing or social issues that may affect the sustainability of the tenancy.
1. Download application pack and application form from Ypeople's Vacancies Page:
2. Email us your completed application form (recruitment @ ypeople.org.uk)
This post is exempt under the terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2003 and will be subject to a PVG Disclosure Check. The cost of a PVG check will be attributed to the successful candidate.
- Appropriate Housing qualification or SQA equivalent (or willingness to work towards)
- Understanding of current relevant legislation and policies relating to housing and social care
- Understanding of the welfare benefits system and tenancy related issues
- Knowledge of issues surrounding homelessness
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.