Location: MacDougall Place, Mull (SH)
Level: Care/Support Staff
Job Type: Part Time Permanent
Community Support Assistant, MacDougall Place, Mull
4 hours per week (Sat-Sun)
Reports to: Local Manager, Housing Services
Responsible for: No other staff members
To provide a range of enhanced housing management services within a supportive environment in accordance with the Association’s policies and standards for sheltered Housing.
1 To promote a dignified environment where residents are able to exercise choice and independence by
· Providing a supportive presence encouraging residents to be as fully active as is consistent with their needs and wishes.
· Fostering relationships and a sense of community in the development in accordance with residents’ wishes.
· Liaising with family members in respect of residents’ progress, consisitent with requirements of confidentiality.
· Responding sensitively and appropriately to residents in event of illness, emotional circumstances, loss, developing medical or other conditions, by liaising with appropriate external agencies such as Social Work Department, Community Health Services and Medical Services.
· Dealing with residents’ enquiries about tenancy conditions and assist with relevant support where required i.e. in complex or sensitive situations such as Housing Benefit queries or neighbour complaints.
· Encouraging appropriate use of occupational therapy services including arranging for advice, assistance and installation of appropriate aids and adaptations, that will enhance independence.
2 To liaise with external agencies eg. Social Work Department, Health Board and Occupational Health in order to :· Identify resident’s needs or changes in needs and contribute to appropriate housing and care planning.
· Provide appropriate enhanced housing management services which are in line with the care plans for each resident.
3 To ensure that residents’ records are maintained and updated as necessary, with due reference to the associations’ standards for recoding practice and confidentiality.
4 To undertake administration and correspondence associated with the operations on the development.
5 To be in charge of the Sheltered Housing Complex and to ensure that services, including domestic services, are provided in accordance with the association’s standards.
6. To carry out basic cleaning duties to the office and staff toilet.
7. To provide cover for other members’ of staff during periods of holiday and sickness thereby ensuring that a daily service is provided to residents.
To comply with and promote the Association's Vision and Values, Code of Conduct and professional standards laid down the National Standards and by the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) Code of Practice for Social Service Workers by behaving in a professional manner at all times.
To ensure all statutory and Association regulations are followed, including Health & Safety, in order to protect customers, employees and the business interests of the Association.
No job description can cover every issue which may arise within the post at various times and the post holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time which are broadly consistent with those described.
This post requires
Protection of Vulnerable Adult Group (PVG) membership in relation to working with Vulnerable Adults
Registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC)
The association is seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual to assist with delivering support support within the association’s sheltered housing complex in Mull.
The successful candidate needs to have a minimum of 3 Standard Grades or equivalent and have or be prepared to achieve an SVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care. The ability to provide support to elderly or vulnerable people is essential.
ACHA welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is committed to promoting equal opportunities. All posts will be subject to a Disclosure Scotland PVG check.
To apply visit the "How to Apply" section of the website, where you will be able to download an application form. CVs are not accepted.
If you cannot access the website please contact the recruitment team:
For more information, please contact Brian Murphy on 01546 605932
Closing Date: 12 noon on Friday 5th January 2018.
Interviews will be held on 24th January 2018 in Oban.