Job Title: Night Duty Supervisor (part time)
Location: Aviemore Youth Hostel, 25 Grampian Road, Aviemore PH22 1PR
Hours per week: 24 hours per week (Thursday, Friday and Saturday)
Contract: Fixed term, immediate for 23 months
Accommodation: This is a live-out position.
We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who understands our charitable objectives and can commit themselves to place people at the heart of SYHA, welcoming all guests through our inclusive and accessible culture, embracing diversity as well as understanding different needs of everyone who has contact with SYHA Hostelling Scotland whilst delivering the best possible standards of Customer Service to our guests.
We are currently seeking to appoint a part time Night Duty Supervisor to provide a high standard of guest care based at our Aviemore Youth Hostel, surrounded by woodland nearby to Aviemore town centre and Cairngorm Mountain.
The main responsibility of this post:
- To ensure that all youth hostel customer services and guest facility provisions are welcoming, clean, comfortable, secure, safe, accessible, and maintained to the appropriate quality standard within the resources priorities available to enhance guest experience and expectations
- Supporting Hostel Manager and Duty Manager in all aspects of running the hostel, maintaining the security of Aviemore Youth Hostel at all times and taking appropriate action to ensure the Health & Safety and security of guests, staff and visitors to the hostel during the night.
- Full reception service to hostel guests, including check-in/out, taking computer reservations, maintaining bed plans, handling customer enquiries and providing information, guidance and support to guests making onward travel plans as well as overnight cleaning duties, security walks around the hostel and preparing the dining room for breakfast service.
Suitable applicant will have:
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry and night working
- Customer service experience, excellent communication skills and the ability to work under their own initiative.
- Good IT literacy including working knowledge of MSOffice, practical knowledge of Health &
- Safety at Work and experience dealing with fire evacuation procedures.
- Keen attention to details.
- Flexibility and adaptability as well as can-do attitude.
The following skills sets and experience would be an advantage:
- A good knowledge of the local and surrounding area, to be able to deliver first class guest information and help with travel planning as well as giving our guests inspiration on how to make the most of their stay in the area.
- Normal working hours are from 23.00pm to 7.00am on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- The role also involves some physical activities such as bed making of bunk beds with upper and lower beds, including stripping and turning beds, laundering bed linen and restocking cleaning cupboards.
- A successful candidate is required to provide two satisfactory references and to apply for a Basic Disclosure before they can commence their employment with SYHA.
SYHA Hostelling Scotland is a self-funding charity operating a network of over 60 exceptional youth and affiliate hostels for the benefit of all those wishing to learn and experience what Scotland has to offer. Our unique sites provide affordable, comfortable, safe and quality-assured accommodation with a warm friendly welcome, local knowledge, activities and services for guests travelling around Scotland.
How to apply:
Further information on this position and to obtain job description and application form please visit our website. If you think you have the skills and experience to match our requirements please forward an application form with covering letter to: Cairngorm Group Manager, Aviemore YH, Grampian Road, Aviemore, PH22 1PR
Closing Date: 12/Jan/18
Interview: From 13/Jan/18
Please note SYHA operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
SYHA has a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
SYHA Hostelling Scotland (also known as SYHA) is a registered Scottish charity, No. SC013138 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland, No. SC310841, Registered Office 7 Glebe Crescent, Stirling FK8 2JA.